NOTE TO MEMBERS
The Committee is delighted to announce that recreational sailing from the slipway will be commence from Thursday 25th June. Sessions must be booked in advance via our online booking system. Initially sailing will be available on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
We all want to enjoy getting back on the water, but now more than ever we must consider the welfare and safety of others at all times.
Our plan to get back on the water may not be perfect and will evolve as we move forward, if you have concerns or suggestions please get in contact with a member of the committee directly.
It is vital that you be patient, considerate and conservative. We are lucky that sailing and watersports is permitted in the current circumstances and we want everyone to make the most of the physical and mental benefits!
The rules put in place are there for everyone’s benefit and safety. Please keep yourself and others safe in terms of both being back on the water and take steps to prevent the transmission of Covid-19. If you are feeling unwell please don’t come to the club. If you have used club facilities and later become unwell or test positive for COVID-19 we would ask that you inform a member of the committee.
Stay safe and enjoy being back on the water
REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR DISTANCE
NO RESCUE COVER IS AVAILABLE
NO TOILET OR CHANGING FACILITIES WILL BE AVAILABLE
TELL AT LEAST ONE OTHER PERSON THAT YOU ARE GOING SAILING AND WHEN YOU WILL BE BACK
REMEMBER THE SLIPWAY IS NEW TO EVERYONE, TAKE SOME TIME TO FAMILIARISE YOURSELF AND CONSIDER HOW YOU WILL LAUNCH AND RECOVER IN THE CONDITIONS!
Who Can Go Sailing?
- Experienced Sailors with their own equipment
- Single handed and double handed dinghies (only to be sailed by a members of the same household)
- In stage 1 sailors U16 must have a parent/guardian on the water with them in the same boat or a support boat.
- Ideally you should be on the water with a similar boat and look out for each other.
- We recommend that you carry a charged mobile phone or VHF in a suitable container
When Can I go Sailing and do I need to book?
- The first sessions will be available for booking from Thursday 25th June
- Sailing will be available on; Tuesday 10am- 8pm
YES! YOU NEED TO BOOK VIA THE WEBSITE
- Sessions will be limited to 2 hours (to include rigging & de rigging) and a maximum of 6 boats per session
What Facilities will be provided?
- There will be no changing facilities, sailors should arrive changed for the water
- There will be no toilet facilities
- There will be hand sanitizer available in the boat park, but please bring your own just in case
- Bring your own drink and a snack if you need it
- Hoses will not be in use
Where can I go sailing?
- Boats can be rigged in the dingy park and launched/recovered from the slipway
Remember to social distance and that you should avoid touching other peoples boats and equipment
- Keep left on the slipway (as best possible given the conditions) when manoeuvring boats
- All sailors should stay within line of sight of the clubhouse at all times
Before you go sailing Ask yourself;
- Can I safely travel to the club?
Only travel with members of your household
- Can I sail within my ability in the current conditions?
Check the forecast and tide
- Is my boat/equipment prepared?
Don’t put yourself and others at risk because you ‘meant to change a fitting’ . Should you bring a paddle?
- Am I wearing the right equipment for the conditions?
Is my buoyancy aid secure and in good condition?
- Are you capable of recovering from a capsize and making it back to shore without assistance?
Are you 100% sure?