Skip to content
- The event is governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing.
- Sailing Instructions
- The sailing instructions will be available at www.carrickfergussc.org.
- The online official notice board is located at www.carrickfergussc.org.
- Eligibility and Entry
- The event is open to all boats of the RS400 class.
- All Competitors must be Sailing Members/Associates of Carrickfergus Sailing Club
- Boats may enter the event by registering online at www.carrickfergussc.org.
- To be considered an entry in the event, a boat shall complete all registration requirements.
- Late entries will be accepted at the discretion of the race committee.
- No entry fees.
- Dates of racing: Wednesday 4th May to 6th July 2022
- Number of races: 30
- The scheduled time of the warning signal for the first race each day is 19:12.
- On the last scheduled day of racing no warning signal will be made after 20:00.
- Racing will take place in Belfast Lough near Carrickfergus Sailing Club.
- Windward/Leeward courses will be sailed.
- Penalty System
- The Post-Race Penalty, Advisory Hearing and RYA Arbitration of the RYA Rules Disputes procedures shall apply (for information on the procedures, go to www.rya.org.uk/go/rules). The outcome of an RYA Arbitration can be referred to a protest committee, but an arbitration cannot be reopened or appealed.
- Two races are required to be completed to constitute a series.
- The number of race scores to be excluded is based on the number of races completed as follows: 1 to 4 races – 0 discards, 5 to 8 races – 1 discard, 9 to 12 races – 2 discards, 13 to 16 races – 3 discards, 17 to 20 races – 4 discards, 21 to 24 races – 5 discards, 25 to 28 races – 6 discard, 29 to 30 races – 7 discards.
- Rule A5.2 is changed so that, a boat that did not come to the starting area, came to the starting area but did not start, did not sail the course, did not finish, retired or was disqualified shall be scored points for the finishing place one more than the number of boats that came to the starting area.
- Risk Statement
- Rule 3 of the Racing Rules of Sailing states: ‘The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone.’
- Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. By taking part in the event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
(a) They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the event.
(b) They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore.
(c) They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions.
(d) Their boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the event and they are fit to participate.
(e) The provision of a race management team, patrol boats and other officials and volunteers by the event organizer does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
(f) The provision of patrol boat cover is limited to such assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
(g) It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risks specific to this venue or this event drawn to their attention in any rules and information produced for the venue or event and to attend any safety briefing held for the event.
(h) They are responsible for ensuring that their boat is equipped and seaworthy so as to be able to face extremes of weather; that there is a crew sufficient in number, experience and fitness to withstand such weather; and that the safety equipment is properly maintained, stowed and in date and is familiar to the crew.
(i) Their boat is adequately insured, with cover of at least £3million against third party claims
- Privacy Statement
- Prizes will be given as follows: First to third overall.
- Further Information
- For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.