J/24 Northern Championship Postponement

The Committee of Carrickfergus Sailing Club have taken the decision to postpone the J/24 event due to be hosted by the club on 16/17 May.

This is based on the RYA recommendation that all sailing be cancelled up until at least the end of April.

We realize that this means that people will feel unable to commit to the event until much too close to the time, both as competitors and organizers.

We will be issuing refunds for any entries paid to date.

There has been discussion with the club and J/24 Association of Ireland around a suitable date to reschedule the event to and  8/9 August is the best option available currently, but this is still obviously dependent on circumstances related to the lockdown both in Ireland and the UK.

Hopefully we can firm that up and confirm it once the state of play with the lockdown becomes clearer over the next months.