The Committee hope that everyone is well and coping with lockdown. It is hard to believe the Club has been closed now over 8 weeks. Essential maintenance works and checks are ongoing to ensure we are in a good position to reopen when the time comes.
The vice commodore and treasurer sorted through the bar stock and last week we donated soft drinks and snacks to those in need through the food hamper appeal, managed from the Cricket Club.
Missing sailing? The Sailing Secretary is organising a virtual sailing series. This will be open to all ages and abilities and will be easy to access on your phone, iPad or laptop. While no replacement for the real thing, it should be a bit of craic and a chance for some social interaction. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on the Facebook page.
The general and sailing committees are also using technology to continue to meet by zoom as well as keeping in touch by phone and email.
As the government still advises no unnecessary travel, the club and grounds remain closed. Access, if absolutely necessary, can be arranged in advance by emailing email@example.com
As ever the health and wellbeing of our members and staff remains our priority.
We all need to do our best to stop the spread of Coronavirus and the best way to do this is to STAY AT HOME
- only go outside for food, health reasons (collect medicines or for daily exercise)
- if you go out, stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people at all times;
- stop all unnecessary travel;
- do not meet with friends and family – keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media;
- you can ring NHS111 for information or advice and they will help you decide if you need to contact your GP;
- wash your hands well and often, and avoid touching your face
Remember STAY HOME, STAY SAFE
If any of our vulnerable or elderly members require assistance or support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via social media
For up to date advice please refer to: